This Privacy Statement describes how we collect and use your nonpublic personal information (“Information“). It applies only to consumers with a United States mailing address. InterCambio Express is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. IEI’s sites (for the purposes of this Policy, “sites” includes www.InterCambioExpress.com, our mobile websites, and our mobile applications) and the services associated with it. By using the InterCambio Express website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Information we collect
We may collect information about you and your Recipient, which may include non-public Personal Information:
• Information that you provide us in the course of using the Service, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number(s). We may also collect certain sensitive information from you including your bank account number, credit or debit card number, date of birth and social security number or Tax Identification Number;
• Information that you provide us in the course of your participation in referral or other promotional programs;
• Information about your usage of the Service, including your Transaction history, how you use the Service to send or receive Transactions, and to and for whom you send Transactions;
• Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as information about the device, hardware and software you use when accessing the Service, your IP address, the pages you access on our websites, and other websites that you visit prior to accessing the Service. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this for fraud prevention, to improve our Service, and to improve our marketing, analytics, and website functionality;
• Recordings of your communications with our Customer Service department and electronic communications;
You may occasionally receive push notifications through our mobile applications, we will send you marketing messages and other Service or Transaction-related notifications that may be of importance to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by turning them off at the device level through your settings or through the mobile application settings;
We gather information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
Why we collect information
We collect information for the following purposes:
• To process your Transactions;
• To verify your identity;
• To collect payment for your use of the Service;
• To troubleshoot problems with the Service;
• To comply with applicable KYC, BSA/AML laws;
• To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers.
We will retain your account information, including but not limited to your payment source information and Personal Information about you, your Recipient, or your Beneficiary, as needed to provide you Service, as required by applicable law, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements. We abide by strict security standards, but if you wish to cancel your account and stop using our Service, contact us at +1 (833) 444-4833 (toll-free in the U.S.). However, we might need to retain some information.
How we share information with others
We do not sell or rent the information we collect to third parties for their promotional purposes unless we receive your permission to do so. However, we may share information about you and your beneficiary (including nonpublic, Personal Information) with:
- Law enforcement, government officials or other third parties, but only:
– In connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or
– When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent physical harm or financial loss, report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations
Access to your information
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer wish to use our Service, you can access, modify, delete or update your Personal Information submitted on our websites by contacting our Customer Service at:
InterCambio Express Inc.
426 N. Main Street
Elkhart, IN 46516. USA
BY TELEPHONE: +1-888-534-8441
We employ industry-accepted standards in protecting the information you submit to us on our websites. We have put in place SSL [Secure Socket Layer] encryption technology to protect your sensitive information transmitted on our websites.
Use of your information
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your Personal Information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing.
You can opt-out from promotional email messages to you by contacting us at the same information in section 4.
Tell us what you think
InterCambio Express welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that InterCambio Express has not adhered to this Statement, please contact us at the same information in section 4.
Share with your friends
If you choose to use our Refer a Friend program to tell a friend about our Service, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the websites. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our Refer a Friend program. Your friend may request removal from our Refer a Friend program by following the instructions in the promotional email message we send out and providing the required information.
INTERCAMBIO EXPRESS, INC.’S CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
As part of the provision of our services and operations we will likely collect certain personal information from you. For most of our services, for example, we will request and use information, some of which will be personal, that allows us to reasonably verify your identity and perform the corresponding transaction(s). If you are a California resident you may have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) regarding your personal information, such as:
- The right to request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you during the preceding twelve (12) much such as:
- the categories of personal information collected;
- the categories of sources used to collect the personal information;
- the business or commercial purposes for collecting your personal information; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information
- With the exception described below, the right to request, on legitimate grounds and upon verification, deletion of your personal information that we have collected; and
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
For a request contemplated herein, we may ask that you verify under penalty of perjury that you are the individual you claim to be. To provide a request for disclosure of information set forth herein, California residents can contact InterCambio by telephone at 888-534-8441 or send a request here or mail to InterCambio Express, Inc., 426 N. Main Street, Elkhart, Indiana 46516.
We will also provide, upon written request, certain details about our collection and handling of categories of personal information during the preceding twelve (12) months. We will acknowledge receipt of your request and will try to respond within forty-five (45) days of receipt of your request, but if we require more time we will notify you of our need for additional time of up to forty-five (45) additional days. If we cannot verify your identity and confirm that the personal information relates to you, we will not be able to respond to your request. The information below shows the types of personal information we may collect as to California residents subject to the CCPA, the sources from which we collect it, and the ways in which we use and disclose it.
We may refuse a request to delete personal information if it is necessary for us to maintain your personal information in order to:
(1) Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business’ ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you;
(2) Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
(3) Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
(4) Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise that consumer’s right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
(5) Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
(6) Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the business’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent;
(7) To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
(8) Comply with a legal obligation; and/or
(9) Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifying information such as legal name, aliases, Social Security number, passport number, other government issued identification number or other information, Green Card number, fingerprint, driving license number, telephone number, email address, postal address, account name, online identifier, device identifier, and/or IP address;
- Characteristics of protected classifications such as date of birth/age; marital status; nationality and citizenship;
- Professional or employment title, salary, status, employment files and/or references;
- Education information such as details of your education and qualifications;
- Financial details such as bank account numbers, debit/credit card numbers, cardholder or accountholder name and details and transaction details;
- Commercial information such as records of personal property, products and services purchased, obtained or considered, purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information such as browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with a website, application or advertisement;
- Information used to identify your physical location;
- Communications, recordings, images – – audio, electronic, visual; and/or
- Any derivation of information, data, assumptions, or conclusions drawn from any of the above categories used to create a profile reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
We may collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- You – – we obtain your personal information when you provide it to us;
- Third-party marketing and data partners;
- Other third-parties who provide it to us (e.g., our customers, vendors, partners, affiliates, law enforcement authorities, etc.);
- Our site(s) that you access or when you use any features or resources available on or through our site. When you visit our site, your device and browser may automatically disclose information (i.e., device and operating system information, browser type and settings, IP address, dates and times of connecting to our site and other technical communications information), some of which may constitute Personal Data.
We may use of Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- Providing money services to you and related customer service and dispute resolution support and services;
- Processing transactions and tracking the various facets of our services;
- Improving our products and services;
- Operating and managing our sites, providing you content, displaying advertising and other information to you, and communicating and interacting with you through our site(s);
- Communicating with you via any means (including via email, mail, telephone, text message, social media, or in person) subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law; and maintaining and updating your contact information where appropriate;
- IT security operations, audits and error repairs;
- Sales, finance, corporate audits, and vendor management;
- Internal research and development;
- Market or customer satisfaction research and communications and quality control;
- Physical security of our premises and electronic security (i.e., login records and access details);
- Detecting, investigating and preventing breaches of policy, and criminal offences, in accordance with applicable law and other security-related protocols;
- Audit, compliance, controls and other risk management and/or compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations under applicable law;
- Establishing, exercising and defending legal rights;
- Detecting, preventing and investigating fraud
The following individuals and/or entities may receive your personal information:
- You and, where appropriate, your family, your associates and your representatives;
- Third party service providers (such as payment processors, shipping companies, marketing contractors, etc.);
- Anti-fraud services;
- Accountants, auditors, attorneys, financial advisors, and other professionals, subject to confidentiality;
- Data aggregation services;
- Governmental, legal, regulatory, or other similar authorities and/or local government agencies, upon request or where required;
- Other third parties to comply with legal requirements such as the demands of applicable subpoenas and court orders, to address fraud, security or technical issues, to respond to an emergency, or protect the rights, property or security of our customers or third parties; and/or
- Any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets.
Sale of Personal Information: InterCambio Express, Inc. does not engage in the sale of personal information as contemplated by the CCPA.
Last updated: November 17, 2021
Changes to this policy
We may amend this policy at any time, and shall notify you by posting a revised version on our websites. Should we make a substantial change to the manner in which we collect, use, or store Personal Information about you, your Recipient, or your Beneficiary, we shall provide prior notice on our websites, or by email.
You can contact us with any questions or concerns at:
InterCambio Express Inc.
426 N. Main Street
Elkhart, IN 46516. USA
BY TELEPHONE: +1-888-534-8441
Updated and Effective on July 19, 2018
We employ sophisticated modeling which enables us to quickly spot suspicious transactions.
We use Extended Validation SSL Certificates which provide the strictest requirements and strongest visual signals to verify security.
Team of Security Experts
Our security team consists of experienced professionals who are committed to protecting your money every day.